Fuentes Fort

The Spanisch Fort on the Montecchio Est


Located on the top of Montecchio Est looking over the Pian di Spagna area, the Fuentes Fort is one of the last remaining examples of the Spanisch domain over this area. The Fort was built in 1603 to avoid any attempt of expansion from the Grigioni, who wanted to expand their domain over the Como Lake. In 1796 Napoleon Army led by General Rambeau destroied the Fort. Nevertheless, there are sill some remains showing the presence of the Spanish in this territory.

 

CONTATTI

ORARI

May 2021
Open on SATURDAY and SUNDAY from 10 am to 5 pm

 

Ufficio Turistico Comune di COLICO, Via Pontile nº7 - 23823 COLICO (LC) - Tel.: 0341 930930 - e-Mail: info@visitcolico.it - P.IVA 01686210137 -
Privacy Policy - Cookie Policy - Credits: linoolmostudio Marketing Turistico